10 Day Highlight Trip for Christian Visitors
Experience some the highlights of Israel and Jordan in this phenomenal 10-day trip. On your travels you will explore ancient archeological sites and experience natural wonders of the land. You will also get a taste of the modern State of Israel and explore its culture, society and politics.
This is a trip you will never forget. During your time in Israel you will see how this ancient but tiny land has become one of the modern World’s most innovative hubs. You will meet locals and will travel to the full length of the country from the northernmost point to the southern tip, visiting some of the most important and well known spots and places holy to Christians, Jews and Muslims. This amazing experience also includes two days in Jordan exploring the world-famous red rock city of Petra.
Day 1: Monday
Overnight: Tel Aviv
- Arrive in Israel
- Hotel Breakfast
- Tour the Jaffa Port, arguably the World’s oldest functioning port. Jaffa has an eventful history. The Biblical figure Jonah set out on his journey from this place, St. Peter stayed here in the home of Simon the Tanner (Acts 10-11) and Napoleon almost destroyed the City.
- Then head to Independence Hall, the small room from where the State of Israel was born on May 14, 1948. Learn about the history of that period and how the modern State came to be.
- Finish your tour of Tel Aviv with a visit to Rabin Square, the site of the assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in 1995.
Day 2: Tuesday
- Breakfast and check out
- Meet with Israeli entrepreneurs at one of the Start Up Nation’s leading hi-tech companies and learn about how Israel has become such a power-house in the hi-tech world.
- Depart Tel Aviv and drive to Haifa
- Visit the beautiful Bahai Gardens which dominate the city.
- Enjoy a traditional Druze hospitality lunch meet members of this mysterious faith.
- Then head to Megiddo where you can explore the amazing archeological excavations of the place referred to in the book of Revelations as Armageddon. This is the place, prophesied to be the site of the final battle between good and evil.
- Head to Tiberias and check into hotel
Day 3: Wednesday
- Explore the Golan Heights
- See the magic of the area at Kesem HaGolan
- Lookout over the Syrian border in order to understand the ongoing strategic significance of this area.
- Visit the Banias Springs, one of the three sources of the Jordan River
- Tour the Israeli-Lebanese border at Kibbutz Malkiya or Misgav Am with a local resident and security expert.
- Return to Tiberias and enjoy a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee
- Dine on a traditional St. Peter’s Fish dinner
Day 4: Thursday
- Breakfast and check out of hotel
- Spend the morning following in the footsteps of Jesus in the area where he lived and taught. Travel to Capernaum, home town of St. Peter, stopping in Tabgha, site of the miracle multiplication of fish and loaves (Mark 6: 30-46) at the foot of the Mount of Beatitudes (Matthew 5-7).
- Then head to the City of Safed, the center of Jewish mysticism and listen to the tales of the Rabbis who lived in this town.
- Drive to Nazareth, home of Joseph and Mary. Enter the beautiful Church of the Annunciation, built over the traditional site of their home.
- Continue down through the Jezreel Valley towards Jerusalem
- On arrival pause for a lookout over this complicated and prized city
- Check in at hotel
Day 5: Friday
- After breakfast depart to explore the Old City of Jerusalem – one of the World’s most contested pieces of real estate.
- Enter the old City at the famous Jaffa Gate.
- Then walk to Mt. Zion to see the Room of the Last Supper and Tomb of King David
- From here walk through the Jewish Quarter down to the Western Wall – the holiest Jewish spot where people can often be seen weeping and placing their prayer requests between the stones of the ancient wall.
- On the way down view the Dome of the Rock standing on the spot of King Solomon’s Temple above the Rock on which Abraham was to sacrifice his son Isaac. (Genesis 22:14)
- See an amazing hidden world beneath the City in the Western Wall Tunnels tour which reveals archeological remains of the King Herod’s Temple renovations from over 2000 years ago.
- Emerge onto the Via Dolorosa
- Visit the Church of Holy Sepulcher, site of the Crucifixion and burial of Jesus Christ.
- Spend some time shopping and experiencing the flavors and smells of the Arab Souq
- Look out on the city from its rooftops
- Return to hotel
Day 6: Saturday
- Drive to Bethlehem. See the famed and controversial separation barrier.
- Visit Manger Square and the Church of the Nativity
- After lunch visit the Shrine of the Book, located at the Israel museum, which houses the Dead Sea Scrolls – the oldest copies of biblical works in existence. We will also get to see a model of the city of Jerusalem, at the time of the Second Temple.
- Enjoy the breathtaking sound and light show at Tower of David
Day 7: Sunday
- Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust museum – the State museum commemorating the six million Jews murdered by the Nazis during the Second World War.
- Enjoy lunch at the famous Machane Yehuda market
- Meet with leaders at the Israel-Asia Center. Learn about the many ties between China and the State of Israel and the state of current relations
Day 8: Monday
- Breakfast and checkout. Depart Jerusalem
- Visit Qumran where the Dead Sea scrolls, one of archeology’s most important finds, were discovered.
- Then travel to the Dead Sea. Enjoy the opportunity to bathe in its famous salt waters, at the lowest point on earth
- After lunch ride the cable car up to Masada, an ancient desert fortress on a mountain, built by King Herod more than 2000 years ago and the last hold-out in the Jewish revolt against the Roman Empire.
- Continue down to Eilat – the southernmost tip of Israel
- Check in and dinner
Day 9: Tuesday
Overnight: Petra, Jordan
- Breakfast then check out of hotel
- Enter the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan at the King Hussain Crossing point in the Arava Valley
- Travel directly to Petra
- After lunch tour the incredible red-rock city of Petra. From the back of a camel explore famous sites like the Siq, the Treasury and the tombs.
- Check into hotel
Day 10: Wednesday
- Enjoy a 4×4 jeep ride in the Wadi Ram desert
- After lunch in Aqaba Cross back into Israel
- Fly to Tel Aviv and transfer for international departure flights.
All tours feature
- Chinese speaking guide (or translator at specific sites where Chinese speaking guides are unavailable)
- Deluxe bus transportation
- Full board (three meals a day provided even when not specifically indicated in the itinerary)
- All entrance fees included
- 9 nights accommodation in a choice of 3* or 4* hotels (10 nights for Hong Kong travelers)
Specific program is subject to change at the discretion of the tour operator due to weather, security and other factors.
|0||Sunday||Depart Beijing/ Hong Kong|
|1||Monday||Arrive in Israel.Hong Kong travelers only – check in at hotel.BreakfastTour of JaffaIndependence HallRabin SquareLunch|
Return to hotel to check-in (Beijing travelers) and rest
Dinner at hotel
|2||Tuesday||Hi-tech visit/meetingHaifa – Bahai GardensDruze hospitality mealMegiddo||Tiberias|
|3||Wednesday||GolanSyrian look outBanyas or Tel DanMisgav Am or Malkiya – tour of borderMeet with local resident and security expert.boat ride||Tiberias|
|4||Thursday||CapernaumTabgchTzfatNazarethDrive to JerusalemLook out on arrival||Jerusalem|
|5||Friday||Old cityMt. ZionWestern WallWestern Wall tunnelsVia dolorosaChurch of the Holy SepulcherArab Souq|
|6||Saturday||BethlehemIsrael MuseumDead Sea ScrollsTower of David sound and light show||Jerusalem|
|7||Sunday||Yad VashemMachane YehudaIsrael-Asia Centre||Jerusalem|
|9||Tuesday||Cross into JordanTravel to PetraLunch Tour Petra||Petra|
|10||Wednesday||Jeep ride in Wadi RamCross back into EilatFly to Tel Aviv and transfer for international departure flights|